Help & FAQs
Do you need help? Please contact us in our live chat or write us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ‣How it works
- ‣Agreement process
- ‣How my account works
- ‣Pricing and payment
- ‣Knok Days
01. How to get an exchange You can start a conversation yourself or receive exchange proposals from other members. Both work perfectly, although you can obviously increase the chance of finding a great partner if you are pro-active and contact members directly.
02. Do I have to exchange simultaneously? Exchanges can be simultaneous or non-simultaneous, depending on what you agree. For example, you can travel in summer and your exchange partner can travel at Christmas, while you are away visiting family.
03. Exchange any type of home People swap houses, condominiums and apartments as well as yachts, caravans and more! The homes in an exchange don’t have to be similar: the only thing that matters is that both exchange parties are happy with the swap.
04. Exchange as many times as you want Summer, Christmas, Easter, spring breaks and weekends all year round. Exchange with other members around the world at no extra cost - saving you thousands on travel accommodation.
05. Get to know your exchange partner’s home You can create a House Guide to explain how everything works and share it with your exchange partner, while your exchange partners do the same for their home.
06. Hand over the keys Talk directly to your exchange partner to solve these little logistic details. You can arrange to meet in one of the homes or leave the keys with a neighbor – any number of options are possible.
07. Discuss exchange details with your swap partner Talk to your exchange partner directly to agree on all the details: handing over the keys, cleaning before leaving,etc.
08. Cleaning can be included in the exchange You can agree with your exchange partner to clean each other's homes at the end of the exchange. In many cases, home exchangers also agree to swap cleaning services.
09. You can exchange your car, too Sometimes Knok people choose to include their automobiles as part of the package.
10. How to prepare your home for an exchange Leave your home as you would like to find the one you are travelling to. No special cleaning or packing, just basically clean and tidy with fresh towels and bed linen for your guests.
11. Knok is for all kinds of people Knok is for smart travellers and cost-conscious homeowners around the world, for visitors that want to live like a local without paying expensive hotels, for families who want space and a place for kids to play, for people who want to travel and work abroad on extended home exchanges.
12. List up to 3 homes at no extra charge You can list your second home easily at no extra cost. Just go to My Account/Homes.
13. What are "knoks on the door"? A quick way to show your interest in other homes (without having to write a message). If the other member is interested, he will "Knok you back", and then you can send them a message to start the conversation. You will also receive “knoks on your door” from other members. You can see them in your messages panel, and “Knok back” if you wish. Send as many as you want; for example, to contact many members in one destination or for members in destinations you want to visit in the future. They will disappear after 30 days. If the other member is not interested, he simply will not respond.
14. What is the Autopilot? When you're in Knok Autopilot mode, we do the leg work for you. Simply leave the autopilot box checked and a "knok" will automatically be sent to all members who match up with your desired destination and other specifics (i.e.: each of you want to travel to the other´s location at the same time). Members who are interested will quickly send you a message or a "knok back"! This feature can be deactivated at anytime.