Home exchange Insurance when you house swap
Your membership includes insuranceso that your home is covered while you house swap
Knok Home Exchange Insurance
- You respect my home while I respect yours
- Home exchange is based on an honor system: "You respect my home while I respect yours." A bond is formed between exchange partners,
who treat each other's homes with the same care they treat their own.
The result is that home exchange is very secure, and problems are extremely rare.
We want to be sure that you leave your worries behind and enjoy your trip to the full, so we provide house swap insurance to cover every home exchange you do through Knok*. This insurance is included in your Knok membership as long as you confirm your home exchange on Knok.
- How do I be sure to qualify for Knok Home Exchange Insurance?
- How do I be sure to qualify for Knok Home Exchange Insurance? Once you have signed up with Knok, your annual membership includes insurance cover for every home swap you do through Knok. Exchanges MUST be confirmed on Knok to be covered by our insurance, using the "Agree on this exchange" option on the Messages page.
- What is covered by Knok Home Exchange Insurance?
- What is covered by Knok Home Exchange Insurance? Knok Home Exchange Insurance covers damages - when these are not covered by your regular homeowners’ insurance - of up to 150,000€**, with a deductible of 1,000€.
- What is not covered by Knok House Exchange Insurance?
What is not covered by Knok House Exchange Insurance?
Knok Home Exchange Insurance should not be considered a replacement for homeowners’ insurance. It is an additional insurance
offered by Knok to its members when they swap their homes through Knok.
The insurance does not cover personal damages or damages to yachts, caravans and motor vehicles.
Knok Home Exchange Insurance is not a travel insurance. Knok recommends you purchase travel insurance independently if you feel you need it.
- Which countries are covered?
- Which countries are covered? Knok Home Exchange Insurance covers homes in all countries.
- How do I make a claim?
- How do I make a claim? You must contact us within 7 days of returning home after an exchange. Send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will advise you on how to proceed.
** $200,000 £120.000
*** $1,500 £800